the last half of my week was split between Auburn and Birmingham.
Probably my favorite moment of all of spring break was on wednesday night, in Auburn, when my roommates and I watched Away We Go. This movie is so brilliantly wonderful. Within thirty seconds after the ending, I knew it had made the list of my top five favorite movies. Normally, I have to think about and sleep on a movie before I can even begin to articulate an opinion about it, but this case was different. A witty script, hilarious John Kransinski moments, and a soundtrack comprised of Alexi Murdoch songs all contributed to my instant love for this movie. Really, I think I could go on about it forever. It's so deep, too... I just love it. Watch it. But not with your parents.

At home, I made several successful shopping trips yielding new sandals, an Easter dress, tennis equipment, and the sending off of my Dad's old 35mm camera for cleaning and repairing. In four weeks, I will have it back, and film photography will officially be a new hobby. I'm counting the days. I also crafted up a storm, got some sun in my backyard, and enjoyed my parents' incredible cooking.
I think Spring Break is my favorite. Summer and Christmas are filled with working. Thanksgiving is for traveling and family obligations and preparation for finals. On Spring Break, there are no commitments, no rules, no school. Just good food, good books, and fun times. I love all breaks from school equally, but for different reasons. Spring Break is my "I don't care because I don't have any responsibilities and I can sleep all the time, read for fun, and choose the people I hang out with" break.
this year = success.
No comments:
Post a Comment