24 January 2011

in which Jana talks about her behavioral neuroscience class

this semester, I'm taking behavioral neuroscience. why I added this class, I have no idea... I could've taken theories of personality, or social psychology, or some other fun psych class, but I. chose. behavioral. neuroscience.

due to this decision, at 8:00 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning, I get to listen to Dr. Barker, my nearing retirement age and brilliant professor, ramble on about the brain and comparative psychological studies, and listen to him say things such as:
"there used to be this GREAT albino on campus! I used to follow him around everywhere, and in the day time, he wore thick glasses... but I have no idea what he wore at night, because I never followed him at night"
"can you imagine having the visual capacity of a cat? ...(makes random head movements like a cat would)... you'd go INSANE!"
"A librarian once told me that the term paper for this class is the most difficult assignment on Auburn's campus!" great.

Today, I withstood a graphic description of split-brain surgery, complete with EXTREMELY detailed drawings. I've never been one to pass out over medical procedures, but goodness gracious. PTL I'm not aspiring to be a brain surgeon.
It goes without saying that going to this class is definitely an adventure.

btw.. here is an adorable cover of my favorite song. It will make your heart melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment