08 July 2010

silver lining. best friends. bad ice cream.


I should be writing a speech right now. ha.

Last night, I vacuumed my entire house. It happened. I did everything I could think of to get out of doing it, but when it comes to house cleaning, my mother is a maniac, and she used every compliment in her arsenal to soften me up before asking me. It worked. I did it reluctantly, while taking a few breaks to watch So You Think You Can Dance (because why on earth would I miss that show to vacuum!?), and when I finished, received a package of fun sized 3 musketeers bars which I promptly put in the freezer to be devoured at a later date. Yes, my mother still treats me after doing big favors for her. What a silver lining.

Today, during my lunch break, I ate with one of my lifelong best friends, Katherine. We talked about summer, and growing up (oh wait, aren't we already grown up? exactly.) and how we wish that our friends could all just get together and play again. We miss the days of having our moms drive us to each others houses so that we could play with our American Girl dolls together, or pretend to be spies (a personal favorite) or to play in the forts in our back yards... one time when I was eleven, I spent the night at her house, and the next day it snowed! best day of my childhood. now it's coffee, lunch, movies, talk. we just want to play.
We also talked about how girls should never ever use their hormones as an excuse for acting like a jerk. Ever. Satan can use that excuse as an opportunity to attack us and bring out the worst in us in a heartbeat, when really, there is never an excuse for acting that way. Ladies... don't let it happen. Always be prayerful about your behavior.

When I got back to work, the ice cream truck was there as a surprise from our HR and area managers (I wish all administrators would call up the ice cream man just for kicks... seriously, these people are awesome), and I, in my typical fashion, wanted to try something new. So as I was browsing over the pictures on the outside of the truck, the pink panther ice cream bar caught my eye. pink = strawberry, right? wrong. I got back to my desk and realized that mr. pink panther was cherry. with bubblegum eyes. what? Imagine my disappointment, thinking that such a lovely pink treat would be something sweet and refreshing, only to find that it was a flavor that will always and forever make me think of cough syrup. oh well.

I guess I should get back to writing my speech.

btw, I just looked out my window and the sweetest elderly couple is taking a walk down the street. I want to be like that one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment