They're probably one of the ugliest creatures ever. I know the Lord had a purpose in creating these animals... but I just don't see it yet.
Believe it or not, I have had multiple encounters with possums this week. And by multiple, I mean three, but hey, that's more than I've ever seen in my life.
1. The lovely Lauren Brown was in Auburn last weekend and came over to my apartment to visit for a few hours. While walking from her car, through my parking lot to my front door, we spotted some shadowy creature scurrying across the driveway into some bushes a few doors down from mine. She thought it was a cat. I thought it was a massive rat. We never got a good look at it, but I'm almost positive it was a possum, and it scared us to death.
2. Last night, I caught up with my freshman roommate. We were sitting on her third floor balcony, enjoying drinks and talking about life, when suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw what I at first thought was a giant rat running along the curb in her parking lot. After the initial shock/gasp, and a few minutes later, it scurried out from the car it was hiding under. It was not a giant rat, but indeed, a possum. Where in the world are these things coming from? and why are they lurking in apartment complex parking lots in Auburn?
3. This wasn't an actual possum sighting, but I was reading a postsecret book at the pool yesterday, and there was a postcard that stated "I once gave LSD to a possum". I laughed. hard. I got looks. But really, can you imagine a possum on LSD? It probably killed the thing.
I realize this post has absolutely no point, but it's somewhat humorous, and better than not updating you on the events of my life at all. Maybe something worthy of writing about will happen soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment