the wednesday before the break, we celebrated my friend Hillary's 21st! she is the first of my close Auburn friends to turn 21, and she was gracious/crazy/risky enough to let me try some of her Hurricane. what a champ. our waiter definitely made some interesting comments about what he assumed was going to go down later that night... we didn't have the heart to tell him we were going to church right after dinner. ha.
The weekend I visit every year happens to be the weekend they have their big Christmas party. paper snowflakes are cut out, hot chocolate is made, and a plethora of Christmas cookies crowd the table. It's so wonderful, I can't even stand it. The weekend was also jam packed with local eateries, the discovery of Andrew Peterson, and a little bit of wedding planning :)
So once I arrived home in Birmingham, I worked my high school retail job for a day (Christmas shoppers are psychotic), helped decorate my parent's house for Christmas, and spent Thanksgiving Day at my grandparent's house. I can't even describe how much I love spending Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. There is only one year that I can remember not doing it, and it almost didn't happen this year - we almost went to Georgia to spend the weekend with my Dad's side. I would be lying if I said I didn't cry when I heard that piece of news. I know, major immaturity points for Jana. But I am so stubborn and set on tradition and have no clue what I am going to do when I get married and have to choose which families to spend holidays with.
so that was Thanksgiving break.
No comments:
Post a Comment